Bob has spend years researching the history of how present-day “Lynch” Creek got its name. The spelling has changed since James Linch was granted a Land Grant from Lord Granville in 1722. The earliest map showing its name is the 1770 John Collet Map of North Carolina. The Inset shown is from the 1833 MacRae-Brazier Map with the name “Linches” Creek.
See Bob’s online Lynch Creek Journal for complete details.